Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Aden's Journey

"I'm never quite sure how to introduce myself into a story. I suppose it'd be best off to start at the beginning and move onward. I am Aden Sunhorn; ever since I was a child though people called me Bullrealis, I'd always found it a bit distasteful so I simply would shrug my acknowledgement to that name and that would be the end of it. For purposes of future reference though, you may call me Aden, or Bull will work as well, as generic a term as that would tend to be. And this is the story of my Rites as I seek by my tribe the Earthspear. You may view the images closer than they appear if you wish as well."


"The task I was charged with was a personal difficulty for me. When I was younger I was... mistreated by men not of my race, and it had since turned me inward; I rarely spoke to others unless they were Shu'halo, and I could never look an Orc or a Troll in the eyes without a seething anger rising from within. As a pacifist by nature, it seemed wholly irreverent of me to harbor such feelings of anger and hatred, but as deep as the scars on my back were, the anger to which caused them soiled me from within. Lotus, my rite giver saw this, and knew the peace I sought. So she sent me on a task of personal strength; I was to attain four allies and together foil one of the great threats to our world. After some guidance and calm meditation, particularly in the pools of vision, I traveled about to find anyone to aid me in this quest."


"I had traveled to Orgrimmar; as per the rules of my rites I was not to engage more than one Shu'halo, but I personally wanted to be sure to push my strength on this trial and I left home. Orgrimmar was a far cry from the Undercity as far as odor goes, it's crowded and sometimes overbearing. I prayed to the ancestors long ago that I would never set foot on this red clay again, another vow I would breech in search of my personal strength. I gathered new clothing during my trip, and spent many nights at the Wyvern's Tail inn, in search of strength and courage to find others who would aid me in my cause. It was difficult. Every troll or orc that came in felt like they had their eyes on me, which only made my predisposition of anger toward them rise. In my shame I admit I drank quite a bit of Firewater. Then I was approached by a troll who... I suppose sensed that I needed aid, so he introduced himself to me... Keador was his name. A death knight, one of those formerly risen by the Lich King to help enslave Azeroth. I found myself laughing at the concept a troll set to destroy us offering help? But he seemed strangely pleasant in his demeanor. And he said he had friends who would be willing to assist me in my venture, so I inhaled sharply and walked with a troll for the first time in a long time."

"His friends were an... interesting bunch. There was the warrior Cesar and the mage Sky a pair of Sindor'ei. A race I trusted almost as much as my own. The third was one of the Forsaken; a hunter named Sholley who, despite his blindness was bitter and cruel, not to mention a test to my internal reflexes. As I got to know him though, he seemed about as welcoming as they came, and I actually began to enjoy his company, the polar opposite of my own personality I suppose. I explained my plight to them, and they seemed more than agreeable to join me. I appreciated them for their assistance in this, though I didn't accept Sky's offer to teleport. My stomach grows weary on the magical transportations through space like this, they departed their way, and I departed mine."

 "Tanaris was our destination. I'd heard many things about that place; in particular the Guardians of Time, who I had not met before seemed to reach out to me, and that is why I suggested it's location. They had some of the biggest threats facing our world, not only of the present, but of the future and of the past...
...I traveled by air, renting a wyvern from Orgrimmar and flying to its destination in Tanaris. Gadgetzan, and from there I... erm... "hoofed" it northward as the Goblins pointed. Regretably I could not find the images I captured within the cave, but it was beautiful. So many wondrous things within, I enjoyed the feel of the magic, though I couldn't help but shudder at the sense of unnatural forces within."

"When we finally united at the caverns, I spoke with one of the dragons within, a guardian of time he said he was, and they were grateful for our assistance. We traveled to a world into a not-so-distant future where we were to face our greatest challenges."

"Time is a funny thing when you can traverse it in the blink of an eye. Ancestors willing, I hope that this world, as war torn as it is, does not end up like this. I cringed seeing Deathwing's corpse upon the spire. Stepping into their transport contraption I feared what was on the other side."
 "The human mage, Jaina Proudmore had attacked us and in our defense we rushed to free her shade from wallowing in the agony of having lost so many in Deathwing's reign. We couldn't reason with her and had to battle her to the death. Her body had vanished as she died and I observed her passing."
 "The conflict of heat and cold met my nose as we arrived at the Obsidian Dragonshrine for our second task, and it was a personal effort to admit that even Chief Bloodhoof had been driven into anger and despair over the destruction of the lands. I wanted to reach out to him, but he instantly marked me as a traitor and attacked us. I couldn't help but feel that... had it been Cairne Bloodhoof instead of his son, things may have gone a bit gentler.
 He ravaged us, wielding the powers of the flame his agony was born into, forcing my hand to assure that my comrades would survive this test. It took all of our drive, and he nearly sank us to the bottom of his lava pool, but somehow we managed to survive. His shade rested like a body atop the lava. I knelt again, a hand on my face to push back the tears, any who witness this must know; I will not let this future occur."

"Murozond was the greatest threat, an aspect who could wield time itself it seemed had gone mad from this future he'd created, or had claimed to have created. A truly difficult feat it seemed to put him down once and for all. Again, we were triumphant, but barely. My friends were all wounded, as was I, and this journey was exhaustive to both my heart, and to my soul. The minor victory I felt, having heard we had completed our task had lightened the burden I've had on my back all these years. I felt a bit more open toward these Sindor'ei, this Forsaken, this Troll than I had ever been before. We may meet again in the future, perhaps more socially than needfully. I even told Keador "Thank you." the first words I'd truly expressed to a Troll of my own accord in years. I may not be completely healed; but my spirit is stronger and this experience has given me further reason to trust again. I must be a priest of the people... not just of mine."

No comments:

Post a Comment